2016年6月16日木曜日

Language issue

Language issues 
 English is my second language. When I became tired, I stop speaking in English because my brain is so tired to listen and speak English. I'm studying English for ten years. But still it 's hard for me to speaking English for 24 hours.  Also in the class, I'm learning Italy in English. My brain is getting exhausted because I'm dealing with two languages at the same time. So in my notebook, most of the words are written in English, but some pronunciation and meaning written in Japanese so that my brain catch that word faster than English. Most of the people learn Spanish in high school. So they are fast to pick the phrase more than me. I need to memorize a lot of words. It's fun when I learn new languages. I will try my best to speak Italian. I had difficulty with listening and pronunciation. When I learned English, I was ten years old. So it was easy for me to catch the words. 

 Now it gets tricky to find the phrase. Sounds like "gn" and "li" sound like same to me. So I can not pronounce it too. It looks like English words, but a little bit different.Confusing to me.
 I am going to review some phrases and vocabulary so that I could understand what professor are saying! 

 After I had taken the Italian class, I learned a lot of things. I used some words when I went to shopping. "How much is this?" in Italy is "Quanto costa ?" I used this word sometimes to ask the price. Still having difficulty with pronouncing some words. Like "R" sound. They roll their tongue and utter the phrase. The word "R" and "glu" are difficult words for me. When I try to speak Italy, most of the people respond me at English. I think my Italy is not sound like Italy. I will try to use at the place whenever I could! 

Also, I get used to reading some words. Some words are looks similar to English. Like "Autbus" or "Aeroporto." It means "bus" and "airport." But most of the words are not like that. I had difficulty with learning the masculine noun and feminine nouns. If you want to say "I born in Japan" and you were a man, you say "Sono Nato in Giappone." But if you are the woman, you need to say "Dove sei nata in Giappone. " Its weird for me that separates words with sex. Also the words like "a", "an", or "the" in English does not exist in Japanese. In Italy, it is "no" for man and "una" for the woman. 

 In Japanese, there are no distinguish between male or female in language. But we have many words for "me." It is "Watashi", "ore", "ware", "jib run", "watakushi" and more. Also, we have the honorific language to respect a senior person.  

 Also, I realized most of the words were similar to Spanish. While I was in Ecuador, I was learning Spanish for a little bit. I memorized the number at Spanish. In Spanish the 1, 2, 3, 4 is Uno, dos, tres, cuatro. In Italy its Uno, Due true, and Quattro. The sound is almost same. I surprized how similar the Spanish and Italy is. I searched and noticed that once the Spain governed the southern part of Italy. Also, the trade with Spain was common. May be that's why most of words are similar to Spanish. 

Learning language is same as learning their culture. It is fascinating to know another language! 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿